CBD, also known as cannabidiol is a compound that is extracted from the cannabis plant. CBD is one of the 113 cannabinoids that are found in the cannabis plant and has become increasingly popular for its health benefits amongst humans. Research shows that it can cure stress-related and anxiety-related disorders.
It is also safe to be used on your pets such as dogs and cats. The cannabinoids will not make your dog or cat “high”. Unlike THC, CBD is a non-psychoactive compound and fully safe to be used on pets. Adding to its safety, CBD has no toxicity level, meaning that it cannot cause an overdose on your beloved pets.
If you are looking to buy pet relief CBD click here cbdmarketplace.com/shop/cbd-for/pets. CBD Marketplace is America’s number 1 place to buy quality CBD products. They provide a guarantee for their authentic products. If you are not completely satisfied with the product, then within 30 days, they give a full refund. Furthermore, they have a support team available that can guide you through your queries and complaints.
How does CBD interact with the body?
CBD interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system or ECS. This system is present in the bodies of all mammals. It controls biological processes such as memory, sleep response, immune response, and others. The body has two cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2 to interact with the naturally produced cannabinoids in our body.
The endocannabinoid systems of humans are the same as for dogs, cats, and even rats. Thus, the CBD affects the same parts of our pets and cures the same kind of problems such as arthritis, pain, stress, anxiety, and convulsions.
Dosage of CBD for cats and dogs
The general amount prescribed as a starting dosage to these pets is 1mg of CBD per 10 lbs. of animal weight twice a day. This is the medium starting dosage. If you are using a dropper to feed your pets, then a full dropper is the size of 1ml and contains approximately 20 drops.
An animal weighing 5 to 10 lbs. must be given 2 to 4 drops of a 250 mg bottle. If they are a little heavier around then around 9-10 drops of the 500 mg bottle and large pets will need 10-11 drops of the 1000mg bottle.
Benefits of CBD for pets
- Powerful painkiller: CBD can temporarily stop the absorption of anandamide and allows its levels to rise to reduce pain sensations.
- Anticonvulsant: CBD is a natural anticonvulsant and can help reduce seizures, tremors, spasms, and fits.
- Anti-inflammatory: CBD can interact with immune cell receptors to reduce inflammation. Thus, it can help with diseases such as MS, irritable bowel disease, arthritis, and more.
- Reduces anxiety and stress: CBD can help in a variety of anxiety and stress disorders such as PTSD, panic attacks, etc. Symptoms of anxiety in dogs could be constant barking, chewing, aggression, tremors, etc.
- Slow tumor growth: There is no treatment for cancer except chemotherapy but chemotherapy has harmful side effects. CBD can help shrink the tumor and prevent cancer from spreading to other parts of the body.
CBD can be a unique medicine for pets suffering from a variety of disorders. However, make sure that you consult a professional before deciding on CBD dosage.